Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My First Full Day

Dress: Market in France
Necklace: Second Hand
Shoes: Not Rated

Today was my first full day in Denmark and I tried to look as Scandinavian as I could for the occasion with cooler colors and simple shapes. I'm finding my new environment of people caring what they wear to be extrermely inspirational to me when getting dressed in the morning and throughout the day. I already have a number of outfits in mind for future days, all very Scandinavian in general.

Otherwise, today has been quite an adventure. When I got up in the morning I still didn't have any kroner or food and I hadn't eaten in maybe a day or two. So I Google mapped an ATM near my apartment that was 20 minutes walking away. I got lost however, and ended up looking for maybe an hour to only find that the said ATM was actually boarded up and not available anymore. Incredibly beyond discouraged, hungry, and moneyless, I walked back to my apartment and skyped one of my friends from America about it. 

Then I went to a "Meet a Danish Student" event at Aalborg University's studenterhuset, meaning the student house. I met up with one of the girls from my apartment complex who's also from America and we ran into a guy she'd met on Facebook from Belgium and another guy from our apartment complex from Germany. 

After the lecutre, they gave us sandwiches and I talked to the three of them in the studenterhuset for a while. Afterwhich, we went to go get visas (I forgot my passport so another day for me), got beer (first legal time for me!), drank it by the river, and took a tour of the city.


Here are some pictures I took throughout the day.

I just got back from an International night at the student house. I was rather surprised by the frat party atmosphere, expecting something a little calmer. I might go back next week with more success, having simply crawled into my shell this time out of ill preparation.

Until next time, kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment